Jailbreak iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1 using RedsnOw 0.9.12b1 (Mac)
We were waiting for long time to download and install Cydia for iPad 2 running iOS 5.1.1. Now we are able to jailbreak iPad 2 also using RedsnOw 0.9.12b1. RedsnOw 0.9.12b1 version available both Mac and Windows users. iPhone Dev Team has introduced this both versions as untethered. Now i’m going to give the step guide how to jailbreak iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1 using RedsnOw 0.9.12b1 for Mac users.
01. Create a folder called “Pwnage” on your’s Mac’s desktop. Download Redsn0w latest version into that folder. Then extract the Redsn0w zip file to the same folder.
02. Run latest iTunes. Connect your’s iPad 2 into Mac PC.
In this step, you must select iPad 2 from the devices list of the left.
If you have any idea to upgrade your’s iPad 2 upto iOS 5.1.1, click on the “Choose” button. Then it will be updated. Other wise skip this step.
03. Run Redsn0w 0.9.12b1 exe file, we extracted earlier.
04. Click on the “Jailbreak” button to start jailbreak.
05. The Rocky Racoon jailbreak will be completed within three steps. Those are Preparing, Processing and Finishing up.
06. There will be a message “ Jailbreak was successfully installed”.
Even if it is given the message, jailbreak is not complete yet. Please wait another few minutes until rebooting iPad 2 its own. Then you can see below screen shot.
Now you have completed the jailbreaking. See your’s iPad 2 SpringBoard. There will be Cydia icon. So now you can enjoy with Cydia apps.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.