Jailbreak iPod touch 4G iOS 5.1.1 using RedsnOw 0.9.12b1 (Windows)
Download and install Cydia for your iPod touch 4G is now easy with Redsn0w. iPhone Dev Team has released new version of RedsnOw 0.9.12b1 as untethered. This tool is available both, Windows and Mac users. In this content, I’m going to give the step guide, that how to jailbreak iPod touch 4G iOS 5.1.1 using RedsnOw 0.9.12b1 for Windows users only. If you are a Mac user, please follow our Mac user guide.
Jailbreak iPod touch 4G with iOS 5.1.1 using RedsnOw 0.9.12b1 (Windows) user guide.
01. On your PC’s desktop, create a folder as “Pwnage” to download Windows version of RedsnOw 0.9.12b1. it will be a zip folder. Extract it to “Pwnage” folder as well.
02. Run iTunes. Make sure to run latest version of iTunes.
Now you have to chance to select, which device you are going to jailbreak, from the devices list.
If you have any idea to update iPod touch firmware, click on “Choose” button.
03. Run RedsnOw 0.9.12b1.exe file, which we extracted earlier into “Pwnage” folder. Windows users want to run this file as Administrator. Choose “Run as Adminstrator” by right mouse clicking on the exe file.
04. To process jailbreak, click on the “Jailbreak” button.
To choose DFU ramdisk method, click on the “Yes” button.
05. Follow instructions, which you are given below by the screen shot.
06. See below screen shot as well. Please follow instruction, which you give from the screen shot to put iPod touch 4G into DFU mode. It will take only three steps to complete.
07. Then iPod touch 4G is rebooting.
08. Jailbreaking data will be prepared.
09. To install Cydia, select “Install Cydia” from the list. Then go to head by clicking “Next” button.
10. Now rebooting your iPod touch 4G with RAM disk and Kernel.
11. There will be a message as “Done”. Another few seconds, iPod touch will rebooting. After completing the reboot, go to SpringBoard. There will be an icon of Cydia. It means you have completed successfully download and install Cydia for your iPod touch 4G with RedsnOw 0.9.12b1 Windows version.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.